Wednesday, December 14, 2016

En Provence Clue 3


Quiltville's Quips & Snips
This week I was able to get a start on my blocks on Friday. I cut out the pieces on my lunch break and took them home to sew. We were spending the weekend at my brothers, so I had to pack and get stuff ready, but before I went to sleep I just had to sew a strip set and see if my math was correct. I used the Stripology ruler to cut my strip set. It went so quick and easy!! I was able to cut 3 4 patch sets at a time.
IMG_20161214_163533
It was so quick and easy that last night as I was cutting 3 strip sets at a time, I accidently cut my finger with the rotary cutter. All my sets are prepped and ready to sew.
IMG_20161214_163253
Friday night I got 10 4 patches completed.
IMG_20161214_163611
While I was making my strip sets on Monday night, I made two blocks for my Farm Girl Vintage sew along. I used my stratas as my leader/enders. I just couldn't help but laugh since I'm not sure strip sets are really good leaders and enders, but I wanted to get my blocks done.
20161212_222931
I was sewing and didn't follow the directions, so I'll have to make a mirror image block for the stem.
20161212_222859_001
I just love doing the mystery quilt, even if I get a bit too careless and cut myself. It will heal and I should be able to get these done before the next clue on Friday.

2 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Been there, done that! Cutting my finger, I mean. I was just slicing along and "ouch".. I now have a "klutz glove" and use in most always. :)

Sara said...

The tricky thing about those stems is the angle of the corners so they line up correctly. Glad your cut will heal. I can't stand to wear the glove so I've had my share of nicks and cuts too.