Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 8 2/22/12

This has been another slow week. I had a very stressful week last week and ended up catching a cold that knocked me out! I was on the couch sleeping all weekend, which means I got no sewing done. With Paul out of town again this week, I have had limited sewing time. Mikaela's been going to bed good though, so I usually get about an hour of sewing in before I need to head to bed.
Monday night I pulled out these Sisterhood of Quilters Panels and found some fabric from mom's stash to use as backing. I quilted up two panels and they will become mug rugs for the quilt retreat I'm planning. Retreat is in 9 days, so I'll have to work fast to get them done, but I think it can be done!

Quilt 2012-02-21 009












Quilt 2012-02-21 016 
The fat quarters and odds and end batiks from my stash will become my winding ways quilt. I think I'm scared to cut into them since I am not really using a pattern and I'm not sure what I'm doing. I don't know if I'll be taking them to retreat or not. It might be too complicated for a retreat project.
Tuesday night I cut apart one panel and made this little mug rug. It uses one strip of binding fabric and looks so super cute. I figure mug rugs next to our machines will be great. I got 3 done before calling it a night. I'll have to work on the hand sewing at work this week.

Quilt 2012-02-21 017



New Projects this Week:
14 Mug Rugs for Retreat gifts

Finished this week:
Zilch!
Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Jim Shore Quilt - Quilted and binding machine sewn on -  1 1/2 sides done - none.
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - 2/3 of the way done, on the last set of blocks- none
Little's Confetti - 2 of 80 blocks made, cut out 40+ of the little pieces from scraps - none.
Merry Go Round -  Cut out and sewed about 30 stratas - Nada.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt 
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt

No progress:
Pokey Little Puppy Book
Prayers Book
3 Mug Rugs - Binding
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks
This week's stats:
Completed projects -3
New projects -1
Currently in progress -5
Finished this year - 8 , 6 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
wipwednesdaybutton


1 comment:

Janet said...

I hope you are feeling better! The mug rugs are so cute. I'm sure the quilters will love them.