Wednesday, February 08, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 6 2/8/12

This week was very productive for me! I spent a lot of time preparing for quilt retreat, cutting 2.5" strips, cutting out confetti pieces, and pulling out projects I want to take. I started making lists and figuring out what needs to be done before I leave. It just doesn't really look like I did much in pictures.
However, that big game on Sunday caused Paul to do all the cooking and all I had to do was eat. Plus the excitement of watching the game was enjoyed by Mikaela, so I had about 7 hours of sewing time on Sunday.
I quilted this wall hanging with red metallic thread, echoing the seams of the zigzag. I also put the binding and hanging sleeve on, so I have some handwork for work breaks this week.
Quilt 2012-02-05 001
I pulled out this Patchabilities kit of moms and finished it up, so I have her UFO for the month done. I'm working on the handwork and only have the hanging sleeve left.
Quilt 2012-02-05 003
I was over the quilting part when I got to this one, so it only got quilting on the tops of the peaks of the zigzags of each color. It actually looks better I think. I got the hanging sleeve and binding on it as well.
Quilt 2012-02-05 005
Saturday night I was hit with inspiration and threw these leftover HST's up on the design wall. I let them sit in this pattern for a while and by Sunday night I decided I loved them. I started sewing and had them in 5 column's before going to bed for the night. I think it will make a cute baby quilt and use up the fabric mom had left from a baby quilt she made for Mikaela.
Quilt 2012-02-05 006
Tuesday night I finished up sewing it together and put the borders on it. It turned out pretty cute and I have enough fabric left for backing and binding. I'm so excited to finally have this one into a top and ready to quilt.
Quilt 2012-02-07 006

New Projects this Week:
Pink/Green zigzag quilt

Finished this week:
Two Valentine Wall Hangings with Zigzags
Patchabilities Valentine Wall Hanging
Pink/Green Top
Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Jim Shore Quilt - Quilted and binding machine sewn on -  1 1/2 sides done - none.
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - 2/3 of the way done, on the last set of blocks- none
Little's Confetti - 2 of 80 blocks made, cut out 40+ of the little pieces from scraps
Merry Go Round -  Cut out and sewed about 30 stratas

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt 
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt

No progress:
Pokey Little Puppy Book
Prayers Book
3 Mug Rugs - Binding
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks
This week's stats:
Completed projects -3
New projects -1
Currently in progress -5
Finished this year - 8 , 6 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
wipwednesdaybutton

1 comment:

Taryn V. said...

I love all the zig zags The black looks so good with the red and whites!