Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hill City Outdoor Quilt Show

The Hill City Outdoor Quilt Show was held last Sunday due to lots of rain in the area. The best part of the quilt show for me was the vendors, since even though I work at a quilt shop, we don't carry all of my favorite fabrics.
The best vendors were from three quilt shops out of ND. I picked up a tablerunner kit with the candy kiss fabric. I loved that the book wasn't part of the kit, since I already have it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought the kit. I also got a charm pack of the Gobble Gobble line and some fabric for binding to go with the panel I already have.
IMG_0041
I picked up this cardinal kit which will make a great winter wall hanging. It's from the Birchwood Lane book, which again wasn't with the kit, so it was an affordable kit.
IMG_0043
I also picked up this kit for a 5 yard kit. I had seen it in MN, but hadn't found the supposedly free pattern on the internet, so I picked up the kit with 5 - 1 yard cuts and the pattern. I think Paul will like this bear/batik quilt.
IMG_0044
IMG_0046
I had a great time at the quilt show, even though it was inside. I love seeing what all the vendors have available.

1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love the Kisses fabric! Glad you had a good time.