Friday, July 23, 2010

Schlep Bag

Next week I'm teaching a Schlep Bag class at TSC. While there are many patterns out there for this particular bag, I have my own version. I wanted to re-familiarize myself with the pattern, so I made this one up over the last 2 nights. It really only took me about 2 hours, but I wasn't feeling well, so I quit the first night. It turned out smaller than I remember, so I'm going to make another one this weekend and see if I can figure out the bigger version. This will make a great little non-traditional Christmas bag as it's made with the Adoring line by Sandy Gervais for Moda. With 8 fat quarters I have enough to make 2 bags!
IMG_0194

5 comments:

Colleen said...

They really are easy bags to put together and great for hauling anything. Yours looks great! I measured one of my squares and the diagonal (parallel to bag top) is 10 in. If that's any bigger, email me and I can give you the cut directions for mine.

Cindy said...

That turned out really nice I think I'll look for the pattern. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Just remember to take it easy.

Barb said...

Very cute. I think I have this pattern, or something very much like it, but I haven't attempted it yet. Seems to be the story of my life! LOL

piecesofpatti said...

Cute bag!!!!!!

Jen said...

Raise your hand and repeat after me. "Hi My name is Moneik and I'm a bag lady."