Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Margo Bag Finished and Other Finishes!

Tonight I had 5 more finishes! I know this pattern won't last, but it sure feels awesome to have accomplished so much!  I worked today so I was able to pick up the 3 fabrics I needed to make checkbook covers. After a couple hour nap and supper, I made 2 checkbook covers to match the purses I made yesterday.
IMG_0074
Then I started on another Margo, this one as a sample for the class I'm teaching in Aug. I wanted to try to get it done, start to finish in one evening. I cut it out and worked on each step, not changing anything from the pattern. I was able to get it finished in a little over 3 hours. Then I made a checkbook cover and wonder wallet to match. The wonder wallet through me for a loop, even though I've made hundreds. The machine came unthreaded and then I had the top on the wrong way. I finally got it finished though.
IMG_0068
I love the checkbook cover. It's the pockets of the Margo bag too. I love how they turned out, but Paul says they look old ladyish. I think they look summerish.
IMG_0072
I'm so glad I was able to get this sample done and I can take it in to the store on Monday.  I was also able to get one of the baby quilts trimmed up that I had quilted. I'm hoping to get the other trimmed up and the binding cut for both and put on tomorrow. I'll also be writing a paper for my graduate class tomorrow, so hopefully I get to have some sewing time.


3 comments:

Barb said...

You are on a roll!!

cowgirl commentaries said...

Cute bags! You are really cranking out the projects!!!!

piecesofpatti said...

The bags look great! I am going to start on some myself, as soon as I finish some other projects!