Thursday, September 03, 2009

Darlene's Sweatshirt Vest

This week I have been busy making a sweatshirt vest for my friend/co-worker Darlene. She loved the jackets I made for mom and I, so she wanted one of her own, but a vest instead. She leaves on vacation to Michigan next week, so I wanted to get it done before she left. I quilted the fabric to the sweatshirt on Tuesday night. It actually went pretty quickly, since I was only using one fabric. Then I serged it up at home. Last night during our group sewing night, I had her try it on and I made a few adjustments to the sleeve area and put in two darts. Then I made 214" of bias binding to go around all the holes and the front/bottom/ neckline of the jacket. I put the binding on the front, then pulled it around to the back and stitched in the ditch. It turned out super cute and I'm happy with how fast it went together.
IMG_0435
Here she is proudly displaying her new vest!
IMG_0434
I love making things for friends when I know they are so appreciated! She loved the vest!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Absolutely adorable!

piecesofpatti said...

Very cute! Looks like she likes it!