Thursday, July 02, 2009

Cosmetic Bags

Last night the girls at the shop got together and sewed. I worked on samples for the Bag Ladies class in a couple weeks.
First I made a long one out of thread fabric.
IMG_0004
Then I made a short one.
IMG_0003
Here they are together. The girls were claiming which ones they each wanted.
IMG_0005
I had planned to make a grommet bag, but have lost the pattern. So I worked on a cosmetic bag for myself. Doesn't this construction worker just make you want to smile? I'm sure enjoying my new bag and I just used scraps.
IMG_0032

4 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Love the bags. I just found a book at the library with some cute bag patterns. I would like to try them. I am afraid of zippers.............

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the bags. The fabric is adorable! I'm taking a class on zippers in August. I'd like to learn how to do them and class seems like it might be less frustrating!

Jen said...

I think your cosmetic bags look great! I didn't realize I was so far behind on commenting on your blog...be prepared for an onslaught of comments.

Cindy said...

I loved the cosmetic bags. I have some fabric that I already have quilted that I'm going to cut up and make bags out of it.