Friday, December 20, 2013

Finish it Up Friday

This week has flown by and I didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I would have liked. I am still behind in buying gifts and getting ready for Christmas. Tonight some sewing friends and I are having an exchange of Christmas ornaments. I decided yesterday to make a hexie stocking. It didn't turn out quite how I envisioned, but still cute.

It didn't take nearly as long to sew the hexies as I expected.

I even had time last night to make this Day Break table topper. It's from a Jaybirds quilt pattern and I am just making the table topper as a sample for a class I'll be teaching in Jan. I have another one cut out in the opposite colorway. Start to finish I made it in under 3 hours, including piecing, quilting, and binding. As well as bedtime routine with the kids.

I used the quarter inch foot for the quilting.

I love the warm colors of the fabric.

This one is not the true colors, but shows the quilting better. I am so happy to have this one finished and know it goes together super easy. I really like how it turned out and can see making more of these blocks.

I'm linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday

1 comment:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Gosh I love that table topper - beautiful work! Have a good Christmas!