Thursday, November 29, 2012

What am I working on Wednesday? Week 48 - 11.28.12

This has been a very busy week, but even with all I have had to get done, I've accomplished quite a bit of sewing and quilting. I did a lot of procrastinating, since  have 4 long papers due this weekend. Last week I worked on two pieces for a Christmas swap. I got them pieced on Turkey day and on Monday night, so they were both ready to be quilted. I loaded this one on Mon. night and quilted it on Tues. night. I quilted the other one as well. I have them both trimmed and ready for binding. I will have them done before I have this baby... unless he decides he's ready tonight.
Swirl quilting
Monday night I quilted up this flower and the background fabric for the tablerunner. I did up and down lines which I haven't done in quite a while, but it turned out well. I'm excited to finish this one. I have it all cut apart and the binding on it, but have to finish the binding first before I can go further. It's a store sample.  I quilted it with King Tut and Bottomline both in maroon.

Untitled
The backing fabric for the tablerunner is black and I quilted it with King Tut and Bottomline both in black.
Untitled
Tuesday a lady dropped these off to be quilted and I stopped at the store and picked up a top thread to match, only to realized when I got home I didn't have the color bottomline I thought I had, so they were put off until Wed. night. I quilted the first one with Sage green King Tut and a white bottomline with stippling.
Untitled
Here's a close up of the stippling.
Up close stippling
I also did this one in a Sage green King Tut and Bottomline. It is done all in loops.
Untitled
I love how the loops turned out and the quilting went very quickly and smoothly. I had no errors on this one.
Up Close loops

















I also pulled a couple fat quarters and made a burp cloth for the baby. I finished this one and I have another one cut out. I'm waiting for another scrap of batting to use to make the other one.
Untitled

Finished this week:
Burp Cloth,
Quilted 2 Wall Hangings
Quilted 2 swap quilts
Quilted 2 pieces for a store sample
Ongoing projects:
Sign Language Diaper Clutch
Deer Diaper Clutches (2)
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt - Need to make backing
Confetti Top
Twisted Heart
Merry Go Round
Autumn Star Quilt
Briar Rose
Farmyard Friends
New Projects: NONE!
No progress:
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt

1 comment:

Sara said...

You always amaze me with how much you accomplish. I've been making burp cloths as gifts for the past couple of years. I've been backing them with an organic cottom fleece I order online. Really absorbent and my girls and their friends all love the pretty fabrics on them too.