Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What am I Working on Wednesday? Week 47 11.21.12

This week has been dedicated to baby and preparing for his arrival. Thurs. night after my class I headed to the sewing room and quilted up the baby lone star quilt. I put the binding on it Mon. night and am working on the handwork. I hope to finish it before baby comes. The binding is the same as the 1st border fabric. Lone star quilt - Finished qi
Monday night I also worked on finishing up the baby blankets. I had these three all sewn and burped, they just needed topstitching, so I finished that. They are all ready to go!
Untitled
My favorite is this light blue one with blue minkee on the back. The color is not good in this picture as it is not teal, but rather a baby blue color.
Untitled
Last night I forced myself to make up the car seat cover. We have one that will work, but I had made a pink camo one for Mikaela and wanted to make a blue camo one for baby boy. I was able to get it done in a couple hours last night. I had the serger and sewing machine both set up and went back and forth between them.
Untitled
Since I had the serger out I also finished up the boppy pillow cover I had cut out. They are super simple to make, but even more so with the serger, so I finished it!
Untitled
I also made another serged receiving blanket and topstitched two burp clothes. I cut out 2 more burp clothes, but need a bit of batting to go in them and it was getting late. This weekend I hope to get a sample quilted and maybe a few other projects worked on while I am off for 4 days, but we're headed to my dad's again tomorrow night, so I probably won't be too productive. Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: