Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What am I working on this Wednesday? Week 46 11.14.12

This has been a very productive 2 weeks! I have gotten a bit more rearranging done in the bedroom and set up a temporary work space that I've been able to sew in pretty regularly. I finished up this UFO of 2 ribbon blankets. I made one with ribbons and one without. They are from a Wrenly charm pack.
I gave the ribboned one to my co-worker Jody when she brought her new baby Laura Ann in to see us yesterday. It felt great to get these made and finished!
I also finished up these three mug rugs and gave them to my co-workers. I've had them made for over a year, just hadn't put the binding on and it took me less than 2 hours to do the binding on all 3! So 2 UFO's finished and out the door! It feels awesome!
On Saturday the 3rd I taught a lone/radiant star class to a couple friends. They both got half their stars done. Since there were just the two of them, I took my machine and piecemealed this back together for my star quilt. It's all the leftovers from the quilts my mom and I made. It's so not my style, but it will be a fun back for a kids quilt. The green at the bottom probably won't be in the quilt back, but I needed enough room to attach it to the frame, so I added it on.
Last week I started to freak out about having no receiving blankets for our baby boy who is due in 4 weeks. I made about 8 baby receiving blankets on the serger and have a few that need topstitching, but I also pieced together this top. It is just an 8" wide border with mitered corners. It went together really quick... like less than hour. I have a backing ready for it, so when I get a chance I can get it on the frame.
Last night through pure determination, I was able to get my quilt frame set up! I am so excited that it set up, but I couldn't just let it set. I wanted to check tension and make sure I was having good luck, so I pulled out a UFO of table toppers/ runners that just needed quilting and the backing fabric I had for it. Mom made these 60* table runners a couple years ago, or had them cut out and I pieced them together last year, but didn't get them finished. I only finished the red ones, so these all have green backing.  I pulled out some scrap batting and set to work.
I quilted the top three with a green/gold/maroon Rainbows thread and the bottom left one with a King Tut in the same colors. I wanted to be able to show the difference in polyester and cotton thread and how they make a difference in your quilting. I have the two on the left with binding partially on, so I can show how to finish putting on the binding in the class I teach tonight.
Finished this week:
3 Mug Rugs
2 Ribbon blankets
Quilted 4 table runners
Top of farmyard baby quilt
Ongoing projects:Sign Language Diaper Clutch
baby boy receiving blankets 5 done, 3 need topstitching
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt - Need to make backing
Confetti Top
Twisted Heart
Merry Go Round
Autumn Star Quilt
Briar Rose
Farmyard Friends
Cowboy Star Quilt
New Projects: NONE!
No progress:
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt

1 comment:

Sara said...

You have LOTS accomplished. The mug rugs are especially cute and I never get tired of those 60 degree runners. I have 3 ready to cut out right now.