This week has been so productive! I had lots of samples with deadlines to get done and I think I've met them all. Late last week a storm rolled through the area and I couldn't plug my machine in to sew, so I did some more cleaning and reorganizing. I cleaned out my ruler rack and got it down to under 30 rulers! Woohoo for me! This is a miracle since I had over 100+ on there and they are all in sale pile. I picked up some totes from Emilee and already have quite a few of them full. I got through a few more drawers and my pattern boxes. I took two full boxes down to a half of one box. I need to work on the books and shelf next. I'm hoping Paul will help me get in the crawl space this weekend and get more out. It's really starting to add up, but I feel great about what I have left.
I made this Classmate case by Atkinson Design. It had to be done by last weekend.
This is the inside of the case. It has a lot of vinyl, but even more pockets. It was really easy to put together, yet there was a lot of steps to it.
Then I quickly made this little Baguette from Atkinson Designs. It turned out super cute with mesh on the front and is made to hold a rotary cutter.
This is the Easy Hex Table Topper by GE Designs. It's out of a recent table topper book and I'll be teaching a class on it this summer. I love how it turned out and I think I'll make a smaller version of it with the leftover scraps. It's really a fun and easy one to make. I probably could have made it in an hour, minus the cutting, if I hadn't had any interruptions. I used mostly scraps with a purchase for backing and border. It uses the quilt as you go method and I finished up the hand work on the binding yesterday during lunch.
This is another of GE Designs quilt as you go patterns I'll be teaching. It's called Lickety Split baby quilt. The last one I made was personalized for Wyatt, but considering he just turned 3, it's been a while. I love how this one turned out and I can't wait to personalize it for a friends baby. It's one of the 5 I need to make this fall. I have the top of one done and this one just needs the binding done, so I'm well on my way.
This week I hope to get more packing of my sewing room done and maybe do a quilt or two on the frame. Quarter break is going by way too quickly!
Finished this week:
Easy Hex Table Topper
Lickety Split baby quilt
Ongoing projects: (and progress this week on them)
Swoon - 2 Blocks done
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts -Handwork on binding
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -Binding
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt
Friendship Block Swap Top
Merry Go Round
Sign Language Baby Quilt 2
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- Together, needs 3 borders
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing
This week's stats:
Completed projects -4
New projects -0
Currently in progress -3
Finished this year - 39 , 11 Samples
I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!