This has been a busy week! We went to Pierre to the Speedway and spent the weekend fishing on the Missouri River. It was lots of fun and very relaxing, but boy I didn't feel like I had a weekend. I finished my final 2500 word paper for my Spring class on Sunday night when we got home and I got an A! Woohoo! So glad this class is over. Hopefully the summer class will be more interesting since it's on Curriculum Design.
Thursday night I taught a class on Merry Go Round. The girls in it were busy sewing, so I did some handwork and also cut out some quilt blocks. I hate just sitting and watching them sew, I like to be productive and not bother them.
Friday afternoon I took off from work and went to the quilt show. I found some inspiration, but something more amazing happened... I left without buying a single thing! I know it's a shocker for those who know me, but I just didn't see anything I had to have. So I headed to Hill City and looked over the last of the discounted fabric at Quilt Corral. They closed Monday, so I picked up 10+yards of a lavender batik to use as backing for my Winding Ways quilt. At such a deep discount I could afford to get more than I need, so I know I'll have enough.I hope to make this a queen plus size quilt.
I made it back to Rapid in time to go to Club Sew. My friends Emilee and Gaila were there and we had a great time sewing, laughing, and planning my sewing garage sale. I'm sew excited to have friends who will help me get organized! Gaila took a picture of me with the quilt top I was making. It's a 5 yard quilt made out of sign language fabric. I made all the blocks and put on the first set of borders.
I just had the outer left and right borders to finish up, so last night I put those on. I had to wait until later in the evening to sew since we had a bad storm pass through and I don't like to have my machines plugged in when it is lightening. So I did a bunch of cleaning. I thoroughly cleaned out my ruler rack and only kept the ones I know I'll use. I went from 75+ to less than 30. I did take a few to work to leave there, so I don't cart them back and forth, but I got rid of all the duplicates.
After finishing up the borders on this quilt, I had to work on a sample I need done by this weekend. I got two of the pockets done before calling it a night. It's a Classmate case from Atkinson Designs and I'm really excited to see how it turns out, since I think it will be really cute. I also pulled some fabric from my stash to make a sample for my next set of classes. I have 2 samples I need to make before next weekend, so I'm hoping to get some good sewing time in this weekend.
Finished this week:
Sign Language baby quilt 2 top
Ongoing projects: (and progress this week on them)
Swoon - 2 Blocks done
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts -Handwork on binding
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -Binding
Easy Hex Table Topper
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt
Friendship Block Swap Top
Merry Go Round
Sign Language Baby Quilt 2
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- Together, needs 3 borders
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing
This week's stats:
Completed projects -9
New projects -1
Currently in progress -9
Finished this year - 37 , 9 Samples
I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!