Thursday, May 06, 2010

Thangles Blocks Done!

Last night I went to Jenn's to sew with her after work. She made a fabulous supper and her hubby took the kids out shopping while we enjoyed some time visiting, catching up, and sewing. She bought a new machine last weekend, so she was getting use to it. She worked on a rag quilt. I had planned to work on my purple jewel box blocks. I took along my Thangles blocks just in case I needed something else to do. I started the Thangles blocks and just continued on them the rest of the evening. I guess I was just in the mood to work on them and they are pretty easy to do while visiting.
Block 7
IMG_0066
Block 8
IMG_0067
Block 9
IMG_0068
Block 10
IMG_0069
Block 11
IMG_0070
Block 12
IMG_0071
I finished the last 6 blocks I needed to be able to do something with this Thangles BOM. I'm not real sure what I'm going to do. I had planned to make bigger blocks and turn it into a large quilt, but I'm not sure i'll do that any more. I may end up being a wall hanging.
IMG_0075
After I finished the blocks, I drew all the lines on my HST's for the Jewel box quilt. I didn't get a chance to sew them as it was getting late, but I did get them sorted and marked so I should be able to get started on them the next time I have a chance to sew.
Thanks Jenn for having me over! I had so much fun sewing with you. We'll have to do it again soon.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

Thank you for entering your blog in the American Quilter's Society Facebook Blog-of-the-Week contest! Keep your eyes on our Facebook page- Winner announced tomorrow at 10 am CST!

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

Jen said...

They look great, aren't you glad you're done??

Jenn Boerger said...

Thanks for coming over! It was great to sew with you and get caught up! You're a wonderful friend!