Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baby Quilts

It's been a slow week in my sewing studio. I haven't gotten much accomplished. Last weekend I quilted up two baby quilt tops. They are panels and I've had them for quite a while. I just decided to get them done and put binding on so they would be ready when I need them. I quilted both with an all over meander. I used a blue/gold verigated Rainbows thread on top and a gold king tut on the bottom. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.
IMG_0101
A close up of the grader. My dad drives a grader, so I always think of him when I'm work with this fabric.
IMG_0104
I also got the top and bottom borders on the Wanna Be a Cowboy quilt. It's ready to quilt now and I have the backing. I can't decide whether I like the red or not. I think it's a bit too much. I have enough to make another top, so I might do that before I quilt them. I bought bamboo Legacy batting that I want to use in this one, so I'm excited to try it.
IMG_0105

We've had some great news all around in our family the past few weeks, so I've been enjoying it all. We're planning to go to my parents this weekend for our annual branding weekend. I can't wait! I love being out in the fresh air and around all of our extended family. We're also planning our first fishing trip of the year this weekend, so we're all looking forward to it as well. It's going to be a fun family weekend.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't think anything I can say could cover it...

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Too cute Ü