Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Honeymoon is Over!

Well, literally we're back from the honeymoon, so I guess it's over, but we're still happily married! I'll post several posts about the wedding when I get all the digital photos gone through. We have over 600 and I had to open a new online account to store them all in, but it's taking forever to download them. I have about 150 done so far. Plus we have a new laptop and we're trying to make sure all the pictures are on it before we give the other one away.
I kind of fell off the face of the earth in blog land about Wednesday June 4th. I spent the entire week before the wedding at my parents house making the final preparations. On Wed. we went to the local town (25 miles) to get a few things and run some errands and drop off welcome bags for our guests. We spent the afternoon doing decorating at the church and getting things ready at the house. On Thurs. we left at 6:30AM - way too early for me! We went to Spearfish (190 miles) which is over 2 hours away so my mom could get her hair done. We had gotten 2 in. of rain on Monday and it rained again all day on Thurs. Spearfish was flooding and it was around the house of the lady we needed to get to, so her hubby came and picked us up in a 4 wheel drive pickup and took us to their house and mom got her hair done. Originally we didn't think she would get it done and that was the first time I kind of started to freak.
We went on to Rapid City and got our nails done, picked out makeup, and met up with Paul and his mom to get groceries for the reception. Needless to say by the time we got home we were both tired and it was still raining. Over 5 inches on Thursday alone. Paul arrived at my parents later in the evening.
Friday we were up early and Paul and I went to the hall and cleaned the floor and started the decorating of the bulletin boards. My bridesmaids were without electricity and bailing water from the sump pump, so they didn't get left as early as they had intended. My friends Amy and Erin came to help. Our moms arrived and we started decorating. A couple other friends arrived to help and we got the tables set up, decorating mostly done and it was 2 pm. We went over to the house and had lunch. My dad was supposed to help, but with all the rain, they had major flood damage on many of the county roads and he had to work all day Fri.
Paul and I love to go catfishing on the Cheyenne River, so we planned a catfishing party on the river for the night before the wedding so our friends from out of town could go with us. With all the rain there was no way we were going to get to the river, so we moved it to my parents. My parents road ended up having quite a few muddy spots, but it dried enough on Fri. that we could have the BBQ at my parents.
Friday night we had friends and family over for a BBQ, get to know you party. It was a lot of fun and they had just started grilling burgers when it started hailing. Holy Cow! We were all out on the deck, so we scrambled inside and had the party inside. I was trying to get some more pictures printed for the bulletin boards and it was going really slowly! 4 computers, 2 printers, 2 scanners and nothing wanted to agree! By midnight I was in bed and hoping for no rain the next day!


3 comments:

Regina said...

...must still be on the "honeymoon" - since there's been no updates. Wink wink nudge nudge!

Deb A said...

Sounds like a memorable wedding week. Congrats... and may the honeymoon never end!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay...I can see the pics now! You look so beautiful and you ALL look so happy. I'm thrilled for you, Moneik!