Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back to my regularly scheduled life!

All I can say is I'm Back! I finally feel like things are starting to settle down. After the wedding and honeymoon, I just feel like June has flown by! We spent the week after the honeymoon getting things back in order and every day at lunch I have had to go somewhere to change my name. It's to the point of being annoying. Friday we took off early and went to Philip (where I bank) and added Paul and then to the insurance office. That evening we went to the Match Bronc Ride... An event that has a lot of the top Saddlebronc riders in SD all riding together for a huge prize. A lot of the boys (okay men) are local guys so it was really fun to watch. We got home around midnight.
Saturday we took his grandparents out to breakfast, did some errands, and then packed to go to my parents. We ended up taking the 4-wheeler and going fishing at my uncles dam with my parents, brother & his wife. We didn't catch much and the bugs were bad, so we headed back to my parents. Sunday we went to church and then put stuff away, sorted stuff, and got our presents packed to bring home. We still have a lot of wedding stuff at my parents, but at least they can see the living room floor!! We spent all of Sunday night putting the gifts away. We still have things we don't know where to put, but we made a good dent.
I did get to sew for an hour and a half on Monday night and 2 1/2 hours on Tues. night, making 4 hour TOTAL for sewing in June!!! There was a party for one of the VP's at work on Wed, so I made him a picture wall hanging. I am so ready for the July challenge... I can't wait to kick some booty!
This week has been more name change stuff! The bank here is erking me to no end! The drivers license place was great, so that made my day today after a bad day yesterday.
I was late getting out the door, had to buy gas, charge limit of $75 and it didn't fill the tank, still early to work though. I was just not having a good day. Bank up here won't change my name on the account without new picture id, yet debit card for other bank has old name on it and new one's not here yet. They told me Monday I just needed marriage license, but oh no they need id too. I forgot to eat lunch because I was running errands and was irate when I left the bank. I was irritated with the bank, had a bad experience at another quilt shop in town, and then got back to work and had to give a gift that I had made. I was so not in the mood for a party! Then Paul had an accident after work. His foot slipped off the break and he bumped another vehicle at a light, but still it's stressful. Luckily no one was hurt!
Got one good piece of news last night from my mom, so she made me smile and the evening turned out to be better than expected. By the time I got home I was too stressed and tired to pack for tonight. I got up early this morning and packed my sewing stuff for Round up tonight. It's my evening out to sew with the girls and I'm so looking forward to it!


Gina said...

What a crappy day. Just remember that it can't be as bad tomorrow.

love and hugs xxx

Connie said...

I remember all the name change hoopla! It's a royal pain in the tush, but worth it in the end. Hang in there and shake off having a bad day--I voted for you to win the challenge so I need you in top no-stress sewing condition to win this thing and beat Jen and Jill! GO MONEIK!!!!

Regina said...

Isn't the paperwork the pits!!! Glad the car accident was minor - sounds like you two need some "down time" to recover from the wedding. I suggest no sewing for a while - just in case. You would not want to end up in an "accident" like I did -

Maybe in a month you should be all back and ready to sew again...

;-) go Jill!

Jen said...

Gawd, this wasn't even the half of your bad day. I'm so glad that it's gotten better since then!! =)