Monday, July 26, 2010

Hannah's Summer Tote

Hannah's mom, my friend Angie, is coming to visit this week and I'm so excited to see her. Since I've been collecting pink John Deere cottons for the past year to make this bag for Hannah, I decided there was no time like the present. Hannah's 1st birthday is coming up in Aug. Since it will be so much easier to send it home with Angie, then to mail it. I pulled out my summer tote pattern and set to work yesterday. I wasn't sure how all the fabrics were going to work together, but in the end I think it turned out pretty cute.  The front shows more of the I love JD saying on it.
IMG_0205
The back pocket covers up more, but still has lots of room in it.
IMG_0208
I love the size/shape of this bag, but hate using the Steam a Seam 2 to make it, so sometime I need to just make it as I would any other bag with a lining and see if I still like it. I think it would be just as cute and so much cheaper to make without those 2 big pieces of SS2. Has anyone altered this pattern to know how it would turn out?

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's a great bag! I love it!

Barb said...

This is probably my least favorite Lazy pattern just because it seems a bit flimsy. I've made a couple for classes, etc. but if I were to make it again I think I would quilt the fabric first to give it more body.
Yours looks fantastic!

Nichole said...

Ok, I can't help you on the altering end of things. But I do know that Angie & Hannah are going to love it!

piecesofpatti said...

Very cute bag!

Jen said...

Hi. I seriously suck as a friend. I'm back to July posts. Great bags; this and the dots!