Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Go Green Reversible Tote

This could be a long week. We started working over time today since our workstudy quit and hasn't been at work for the past two weeks. We are really far behind on filing and need to keep it up. I put in a few extra hours tonight and plan to do so again tomorrow night. Last night I was going to make two bags, the reversible tote and the schlep bag. Well I started sewing the reversible tote and it didn't go together as planned. It was not right and I didn't feel like fighting with it, so I did the hand sewn binding on the construction quilt and watched the Bachelor.
Tonight, even though I was exhausted, I really wanted to figure out what I did wrong. I had been thinking about this all day and realized I cut the sides wrong (I didn't follow the pattern since my fabric was directional.) It went together super quickly and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Too tired to work on the schlep. It'll have to wait until tomorrow night.
The Outside
February 09 001
The Inside ... or however I decide to use it.
February 09 005

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sometimes it IS just better to sit and do handwork! I felt like that last night too.

Jenn Boerger said...

Looks great! Can't wait to take some bag classes from you - you're always a great teacher!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Love it!! Mom has made me some green bags to take to the grocery store but they are crochet.

Heather