June is going to go by so quickly. I think my sewing machine is starting to feel lonely! My goal is to finish my Good Night Irene quilt top.
While I was traveling in May for work I took along Mikaela's machine and pieced 16 patches and X blocks. I think I've got all the X blocks done and just a few of the 16 patches ready to sew together. They are currently in 4 patches. I started this quilt as a leader/ender project using the Briar Rose pattern, just making 4 patches of 2.5" squares.
Then we were challenged at work to create scrap quilts and pre-cut quilts using the same pattern from a book, so I started looking and there are a lot of versions of this quilt.
I decided to do the Missouri Star Quilt Co. pattern Good Night Irene. These three photos show my blocks so far. This month my goal is to get these into a quilt top.
Here's a picture from our recent family trip to MO. We had lots of fun!