Monday, March 07, 2016

Oh Scrap & Design Wall Monday

This past week has been super productive. I've finished 7 mini granny square blocks, including these two the that I sewed up Friday morning before work. A change in schedule for our family means no one is sleeping when I get up except for the kids, so if I get up a bit too early, I can sew! I'm loving it, although I won't be getting up extra early every day. These are made from the last of my Frolic scraps. I've made 4 baby quilts out of this line. I just love the Frolic line, although I am not a huge fan of the orange.
20160304_060426
These five were done as of Thursday night. I have nine laid out and enough, I think, to do 7 more for a 16 block quilt.
Last night's accomplishments included two more mini granny square blocks for a total of 6,  6 trip around the world strip sets, & 6 pink/brown cowgirl blocks. Working on three projects at once helps me feel like I'm not missing out on any of my current pr
Friday afternoon I took off and went to my dad's to quilt. I was able to quilt both this 16 block friendship quilt of my Grandma Elaine's blocks, which is 63" square. I plan to put binding on this week and donate them on Friday.
Quilted Grandma's friendship quilt today. March goals are staying on track.
I also quilted my mom's friendship block quilt which is 42"x 55". I ended up using her block in the center as I needed just one more. I'm sure the ladies who made the blocks will be interested to see them as I am sure their skills have improved in 12 years. These blocks were done in 2004.
Mom's friendship quilt was also quilted today. Lots of binding to get done this week.

This weeks goals include:
Bind Grandma's Friendship Quilt
Bind Mom's Friendship Quilt
Make 2 more Mini Granny Square blocks
Make 10 Trip Around the World Blocks

I'll be linking up with Oh Scrap and Design Wall Monday.

Quilting is more fun than Housework

2 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great job getting those projects closer to the finish line. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Vesuviusmama said...

I know those dog ears have to come off the blocks, but they look awfully cute with them still on there, almost like "jazz hands" all the way around your blocks!