This week has been very productive! I feel confident I can meet my deadlines after this week. I was able to complete two different quilts. I appliqued the stars on this Americana quilt, created a back, basted, and quilted it this week. It is a table topper that will be used as a sample for the Quilt Show in June.
I hadn't appliqued in a long time, but with Totally stable on the back, using the Bernina 1329 stitch, it went together very quickly.
I pulled this large piece of material from mom's stash for the back, but I was just a wee bit short. I pulled this excess piece of the front off and sewed it into the corner.
I'm really intrigued with the new mini quilts on the market. I used some scraps to make this mini Northern Lights quilt. I quilted on the opposite sides of every other color, using thread that matched the unquilted section. It turned out really well and went very quickly. I put the binding on Wed. night and was able hand sew the binding down during breaks yesterday.
My cutting table had become a piling spot for a lot of stuff in the room, including unstarted projects. I was getting frustrated, so I spent some time this week cleaning off my sewing area. I have only the projects I am working on in the box to the left. These include some Candy Dish pillows, Trip Around the World Blocks, and the AMB blog hop block. On my cutting table are a bunch of 60* triangles for a Triangle Frenzy table runner I am making for a class sample. My finished TATW blocks are in my box on the right.
This week I also made Mikaela a little Dora dress. My aunt got the fabric for her, but didn't know about size, so she gave it to me to make. Mikaela's excited for her new dress. She's playing with my new duster. It works so slick to get rid of all the dust around my sewing area.
This week we've done a lot of finger painting. It's been so fun to see her playing with color.
Linking up with Amanda Jean at CrazyMomQuilts for Finish it Up Friday.