Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ahhhh's

For the past couple weeks I've been busy completing hexie Ahhhh's. They are 3" finished on the side and so much fun to make. I can usually get one made in a day. I'm using Hoffman 1895 batiks in rich vibrant colors to make them. I just love how they are turning out. I started with the Beginners club over at Hillbilly Handiworks, but I've decided to do the Gotta have'em all club. They are so relaxing and I love the challenge of seeing the color placement.
Quilt 2013-03-11 026
The Yellow and blue one in the photo above is in honor of the SDSU Jackrabbits. I made it yesterday as we are playing in the Summit League tournament. Both the men and women made it to the finals. The women play our biggest in state rival USD and the men play our other huge rival NDSU. They are both sure to be awesome games.
This is number #7 Diamond Windows which I made on Friday.
Ahhhh #7 Diamond Windows
This is my 1100 post! I honestly never thought when I started blogging 8 years ago it would grow to this. I am shocked at the changes that blogging has made since Jen and I started so long ago! It's amazing what a transformation the blog world has made in the quilting world. Jen and I were pioneers in quilt blogging at the time we met and I couldn't ask for a more awesome blog friend. Here's to the next 1000 posts!

No comments: