Friday, May 18, 2012

Heather's Hugs & Kisses quilt

Last night I found the energy to go down in my studio after Mikaela went to bed. Once I started quilting, I really found my flow and it went super from there. I only had 3 stops, once when I ran out of top thread and twice when I ran out of bobbin thread. It felt so good to have a good flow of quilting going. This is Heather's Hugs & Kisses quilt she made in a class I taught. She used a bunch of fat quarters collected on the shop hop as well as scraps to make this one. It uses the Lazy Angle ruler.

Quilt 2012-05-17 003

I used a multicolored King Tut with greens/purple/blue/ dark pink and it turned out great. I used a purple Bottomline in the bobbin.

Quilt 2012-05-17 004

The quilting was done with a size 5 on my stitch regulator, but more often than not I go faster than it wants me to go. I really like how the quilting turns out. I'm so excited to have this one done and now I can start on Emilee's and get them done.

Quilt 2012-05-17 009
Still no progress on the baby quilts, but I've been doing home work during lunches, so no cutting during lunch. We're moving our office at the end of the month and then I won't have my own office. Not sure how much sewing I'll get done in my new office. Have a great weekend.

No comments: