Saturday, February 05, 2011

February Groovy Girls Samples

Zippy Strippy Bags are one of the patterns for Groovy Girls for February. I figured using the new sewing fabric would make them a great bag for sewing supplies. This one is the medium sized bag.
IMG_0258
There is also a free pattern on the blog for these tissue holders/little bags, so I made two different sets. These would be great for making for Valentine's gifts for kids or co-workers. They go together pretty quickly.
IMG_0267
I quilted both of them with straight lines in an effort to make them as simple as possible, but they would  be great for practicing stippling since the fabric is small and doesn't take long to do. The zippers go in quickly and easily.
IMG_0268
I used 3 fat quarters to make the Zippy Strippy, but had plenty left, so I made the small version as well. It went together fairly quickly too. I love how she makes her bags and they are great for beginners.
IMG_0270
I took a comparison shot of the small and the medium together to show what they look like for each size. There is also a large size that can be made as well.
IMG_0272
I still have a few gifty type samples left to make for Groovy Girls, so hope to get those done tomorrow.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Those bags are really cute. I think it's time I start making a few bags like this and put them away for different birthdays.