Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Catching Up

I've been remiss in posting on my blog, for what I thought was a month, but now realize was almost all summer. I went on vacation for the month of July and didn't get back to it. We've had some family events that lead me to be a bit more stressed than normal. I am rarely stressed, so the past few months have tested me.
In July I took almost 3 full weeks off of work and in the midst of my time off Jennifer and Colleen, blogging friends from Indianapolis, IN and Omaha, NE both visited the Black Hills with their families on their vacations. Our families were able to get together in the Badlands on the hottest day of the year, but we had an incredible time meeting. I had met each of them, but not their families and they hadn't met, so it was an incredibly fun bloggers reunion. We've been friends for about 11 years. 
IMG_2640
Our kids had fun climbing and playing while we had a picnic.
IMG_2656
In August my husband's grandpa passed away in KS, so we made a trip to KS/MO to visit.
20170811_132856_003
We purchased a new camper, furnace/central air, a shed, and my husband has a new truck coming, so lots of changes in our home life too. Cleaning out the old camper and setting up the new one has been fun. We have a lot more storage. We've been moving stuff around in the garage and out to the shed to make room for my MIL's new car as well. My husband finished his mom's bathroom just in the nick of time for her hip surgery in September and she's currently recovering from it. I've been playing chauffeur and personal assistant to her for the past couple weeks and have a good month left before she's back to work.
What's in store for me? A work trip to Detroit in 2 weeks with the added perk of seeing Regina, one of my best and oldest blogging friends. I'm so looking forward to her being able to see me while I'm at a work conference for UPCEA.
I've got a few finishes to share, but if you'd like to follow my current progress like my Instagram page or friend me on Facebook. I'm much more current on both of those social media sites.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You did have a busy summer! Hope things are calming down now and stress is back to manageable. Have a great time in Detroit!