Tuesday, December 29, 2015

ALYOF December Goal Met

This month's goal for ALYOF was to finish the Mustang BQ quilt for Ms. Carol, the kids preschool teacher. She seemed to really enjoy it. I took off after work on Friday afternoon and went to my dad's to quilt it. I was able to get it all done and it turned out great. I was even able to pull the minkee backing around to the front to create the binding.
A little quilting on this one today. Now to finish it before Christmas.
I just love how cuddly it is and even Ms. Carol mentioned that they all loved the cuddle.
Ms. Carol's mustang quilt with minkee back got a wraparound binding last night. Another Christmas present done.
I was able to successfully make the Whirlwind quilt from start to finish, after a few little boo boos. It turned out more beautiful than I imagined. I quilted it the same day and even had an audience of my dad and Ann's neighbors who wanted to see what my frame and quilting looked like. I'll be teaching this class at the Sewing Center in March.
Whirlwind is quilted! I also showed the neighbors how the frame and machine worked. Love quilting and the relationships it builds.
I also finished up my Carry All Caddy. It's a bit challenging, but after I got over a few hiccups, it went pretty smoothly. For some reason it intimidated me. I will be teaching this one in February. It's definately a bag you'd want to take a class to learn. It's on the advanced beginner side.
The Carry All Caddy is DONE! This one tested my patience, but I'm glad I made it and look forward to teaching it next year at The Sewing Center!  I love the size and stability of it. This is a class you won't want to miss, as the pattern doesn't have a lo
A few little fun Sweet Pea Pods used up my leftover Bendy bag fabric. I'm just waiting for zipper pulls to finish up the rest. They are quick and easy and oh so cute.
Using up Bendy bag scraps! I'll be making a lot of sweetpea pods as soon as we get the zipper pulls in. These are beyond quick and easy. #lazygirl #sweetpeapods

And another sweetpea pod made in about 20 minutes.  Love how quick and easy these are to make.
Over Christmas weekend, Paul hung up the quilt rack over the quilt frame at my dad's. We hung up mom's first quilt, made with all the fabrics she used to make dad shirts. Lots of memories in these fabrics.
It's a beauty!
Dad and Ann wanted the grandkids names embroidered on stockings, so I got to it and got them all done.
I put the embroidery machine through a workout this week,  but they turned out great.
While I had the embroidery machine out I made Jen a couple t-shirts. I had them designed, but just had to get them prepped and have the right USB stick at the right time.
The stars have aligned, allowing me to finally embroider the tshirts I bought 2 summers ago. Hope they turn out like I envision them.
January is going to be a fun month, with hopefully a lot of sewing. I'm already planning for next year.
My Button

2 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job Moneik!

Sara said...

Lots of great projects. Having your mom's quilt hanging over the quilt frame is probably going to just bringing back great memories whenever you are there.