Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gobble Gobble Weekend

This weekend I accomplished most of my goals and so much more! Friday night I finished quilting the Pink quilt. I got it quilted and put the binding on by 11:30PM. It's the most beautiful quilting I've ever done and the tension was awesome. I even quilted my name into it.
Sat. morning I got up at 6 AM and tacked down the binding so I could use it as a sample for our Market Review party. I finished up just in time to get my supplies ready for the demo and go to work. We had a busy Sat. at the store and I got off about 5pm. I demo'd the bias tape maker. At first I wasn't impressed, but the more I used it, it really is awesome. For those of you that iron your binding in half before putting it on, I can see this is the gadget for you! You can buy the tips for 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" strips to be folded in half and ironed! I hit a couple of fabric stores after work and then picked up chinese for supper. It was so good and really hit the spot.
I quilted a horse wall hanging for a customer after supper. Then I put binding on the Gobble Gobble wall hanging and tablerunner. Then I put labels on the 3 baby quilts I need to get sent off. Looks like they will be Christmas presents at the rate I'm going. Then I used the scraps from the Gobble Gobble panel to make another wall hanging. It turned out awesome and I had just enough for backing and binding from my piece of leftover fabric. I can't believe how much I got out of the small amount of fabric I bought. When I got the fabric on my shop hop in Aug. I had no idea what I was going to do with it and by adding the charm pack, I stretched it into 2 wall hangings and a tablerunner, including using it on the backs and bindings of all three.
Sunday I helped my MIL clean the fish tank really well and we didn't kill any of Paul's fish! I did some other housework and then we went shopping. We got groceries and a few other necessities. I cleaned our car out top to bottom including vaccuming it. It's spick and span now. It was getting cold out so I went inside and made homemade French Onion Soup. It turned out awesome and was so flavorful! I even toasted the bread and put swiss cheese on top. I served it with a salad mix and roasted pepper dressing. While supper was cooking and I was watching Amazing Race I pinned all the rows together for my OBW. That took forever!
Finally in the evening I went to my sewing studio and quilted the wall hanging I had made and put the binding on it.
Paul got home from hunting and he was exhausted! While we visited I did the hand sewing on the binding of the Gobble Gobble tablerunner. I finished it up yesterday during lunch at work. It's pictured above hanging on my office wall. It's about 32" square.
Last night I sewed the rows of the OBW together and pressed them. I now have the 7 units to sew together. It took me over an hour to sew the rows, so it's a slow process, but there is a lot of matching to be done. Today I've been working on the hand sewing on the tablerunner. I have lots of hand work to keep me busy this week!

100 Blocks 100 Days ~ 221 Blocks/ Day 65


Cindy said...

Everything looks great. Now I need to get myself going and get my Thanksgiving wallhanging done. Vacation is over and it's back to sewing.

piecesofpatti said...

You sure accomplished a lot. I have not been feeling well and just cannot seem to get anything done. I am hoping this will soon get better. You and Jen are my inspiration. I can do it!

Good job on you projects!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow so much completed congrats!! they look great!

Jen said...

Yeah, you're kicking my ass in the world of quilting. Your stippling is really looking wonderful!