Tuesday, August 14, 2018

August and Fair Sewing

In one of my sewing groups we had to show our "long-term" project. Most of my projects are not real long term as I like to make and be done. This scrappy trip around the world is my slow WIP. I make a couple blocks every other month or so. These are the latest 12 that I have done. The main top is together, but I decided it needed to be bigger, so I have to make at least 26. I'm half done with those, then I'll decide if it's big enough.

20180810_082050
I'm currently working on the Take Along Bag. It's going to be great, but I'm sore on zippers, so I have to wait to pick those up. Only 1 store in town carries them. The bias binding and straps are done.
20180811_223235
Mikaela wanted to enter the cats in the fair, so we spent Saturday afternoon sewing and stuffing. She did a great job. Papa and the other kitties will have to wait. This was the extent of her sewing time.
20180812_191136
I was visiting with Jen the other night and saying I hate BOM's and I thought this one would be bigger and it wasn't so I quit on it. She said just finish it and be done, so I took it out, fixed the few spots I felt needed to be sewn better and put a white border on it. It's 90x114" which is actually plenty big, so now I'm working on trimming all the threads on the back and getting it ready for quilting. I need to get a backing and batting. It's going to Marie to quilt.
20180811_223429
When I was at Herbergers going out of business sale, I found this in the kids' section. It's hexie dry erase, magnet, and cork boards. I'm going to cover them in fabric and decorate with them.
20180810_204725
The other day I had the chance to go to a friend's hairdresser. Look at the great cut she gave me. I love it being short again. I took this picture in the Radiology waiting room. Isn't the quilt awesome? I had to have additional testing done and it came back cancer free!
20180810_142854

2 comments:

Sara said...

Always good when our medical tests come back with good news! When we have a family history - like both of us - it's plenty scary.

I can't wait to see how your Farm Girl Vintage quilt turns out. I'm actually a big fan of BOM, so I really enjoyed working on it. My big blocks are all still waiting to become something, but I'm really enjoying my quilt made with the small blocks.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Cancer Free that's Awesome!!! I have two sisters that are breast cancer survivors so I know cancer free are the best words to hear in a Dr's office!!