Monday, February 05, 2018

On Ringo Lake Final Link Up

My On Ringo Lake looks pretty much like the picture below... One block, lots of pieces.  I have it all cut out, a couple dozen of each unit made and one block made. The sashing is also in parts and pieces. I do have all of clue 1 done. I really enjoyed learning how to use the Essential Triangle tool and even gave a demo on how to use it, using my pieces as samples. My sample board turned out really well and everyone was excited to learn how easy it was to use.

20180112_103026
I made a few geese.
20171228_081702
A few sashing
20171212_215548
A few more geese
20171207_210926

I just have a few too many projects in progress to keep moving forward on the mystery. I have a deadline of the 10th for my teaching samples and I'm making a few quilts that are all ready to be made into blocks, so I'm taking a break for now.

And the best part?? I learned how to use the Essential triangle tool to cut out HST's for Crown Royal Quilt blocks. I was able to make these churn dash blocks using all of the CR bags because I could cut HST's from the bag using the ETT. I am in love! I have a lot more HST's to cut, but I made this table runner sample and now I'm on to a queen size quilt that looks almost like it. I've never made HST's out of the bag because I couldn't get the 5" strip I needed, but I can get a 4.5" strip!
20180201_223950
My daughter recently celebrated her 7th birthday by attending the first day of quilt retreat with me. She got to make 2 bags.
20180119_152653(0)

This week I'm linking up with Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for the Final linkup of On Ringo Lake Mystery

1 comment:

Sara said...

Your daughter is such a cutie and obviously LOVES sewing with mom. She does a really good job too!

My Ringo Lake is also still in pieces and I'll keep plugging along on it. It will get done eventually.