Friday, December 15, 2017

2018 UFO List

My Quilters Planner arrived last month, but I hadn't taken the time to start planning for next year until this week. I decided which projects from my UFO list from last year are still UFO's and put them on the list. In all reality, nothing else is getting finished this year, unless it's a new quick project.
My UFO's
1. Black/White/Green/Pink quilt. I've been working on this since 2012 and it's still not done. It just needs to be assembled, but I lost interest. It's for us, so no real deadline.

2. Scrappy Trip Around the World - The top is pieced and assembled, but I want it bigger, so I need 26 more blocks and just haven't put a focus on making them. All the strips are cut and ready to sew.

3. Blue/Yellow Scrappy Trip Around the World - started collecting fabrics 2 years ago, but cut out in 2016 and I've started making blocks. I have about 3 done and all the pieces sorted and ready to sew. Again I just need time to sew. I love making these blocks.

4. Blue Ridge Beauty - Yellow and Blue - Made from the scraps of the TATW #3 above. I've made the HST's and just need to finish the scrappy blocks, to use the leftovers for 4 patches. This might become a wedding present for my cousin, so I need to get busy.

5. Paul's t-shirt quilt - A t-shirt quilt from his racing shirts. They are all cut out and interfaced, just need to square them up and set them. All the fabric is bought and in the tub with them. Wish he would push me to get it done, maybe I'll try for his birthday in March.

6. Mom's Friendship Braid. I worked on it, and it's ready for the borders to be put on, my least favorite part, so I may take this to SOYO so I push myself to get it done.

7. Holiday Metals HST's - All the fabric cut, just need to make the HST's.

8. Sunny Skies - Leader/Ender Project. Getting close to having all the 16 patches complete. Need to pick a background.

9. Farm Girl Vintage - All the blocks done. Need to cut out sashing and be ready to piece at SOYO in January.

10. En Provence - Top is together, needs 2 sets of borders.

11. Nova - Need to finish squaring up blocks

12. On Ringo Lake - In progress. Clue 1 done, Clue 2, Clue 3, and Clue 4 cut out, some of each sewn.

13. Sunny Skies Hexie Diamond - My current hexie project

14. Purple/Pink Batik bag - Cut out

15. Carry All Organizer - Cut Out

16. Crazy Mom Focus Hexies - All pieced, waiting for assembly.

So there's my list. I know I have fabric for other things, but these are the cut-out and started projects. It's so much less overwhelming than thinking of all the projects I could do. Some of these I've simply been waiting for retreat because I do better at assembly and borders at the retreat than I do at home. Time to keep moving forward and finishing up some projects.

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I think your list is realistic, given that many project only need borders. Working on at least one UFO a month, nearly all could be completed by this time next year.

I have more knitting UFOs than sewing/quilting ones. I need to make a list, too.

Andee Neff said...

Glad I am not the only one with a list that long!

Sara said...

That's a good list and I was surprised that I have a couple of the same items on mine. :-)

We'll both get our mojo back with the new year won't we?

Jennifer said...

Good luck on your list - I still need to put mine together!