Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 2016 OMG Goal Met

This month has given me a chance to get a lot more done than I ever anticipated. I was able to sew together the scrappy granny square blocks, quilt them, and get the binding on. I even had 2 weeks to spare! It's now a table topper for my desk at work.

Scrappy granny square table topper.
Paul took the kids to the races two nights this month, so I was able to get 3-4 hours each night of un-interrupted sewing time! I was able to finish this professional tote sample for the store.
An unexpected night to myself means I got to sew and finally finish this professional tote. I'll be teaching this class starting next Wednesday,  so sign up soon if you'd like to make one.
While we were on our staycation I was able to sew the top of the Cowgirl Coins quilt together. We went out to my dad's in the middle of the week and I got to quilt 4 quilts, including this one. I put the binding on this week and this scrap quilt is done!
I waited all day to post this for WIP Wednesday,  only to realize it's Tuesday. The Cowgirl quilt is finished!
I'm teaching a Bendy Bag class in November, so I made up a couple samples from scraps I had left over from other bags.
Tonight's Becca Bags! So fast, fun, and easy.  They are a great stash buster. I'll be teaching a class on them in November if you're interested.
I've been busy keeping up with the Farm Girl Vintage sew along. These are my first 15 blocks, 1 3rd of the way done!
My first 15 FGV blocks. I'm really enjoying this sew along.
While we were camping I attempted to start working on my Twist and Turn quilt. I was so confused! I spread it out on my aunt's island and got the centers for 4 blocks made. Once I realized how to make the blocks, I realized one of the pieces was cut incorrect x80! So I had to improvise. I still don't have the first four blocks made, but I have all 20 blocks made into block kits. Slowly but surely I'll get this quilt done or it will become something totally different.
2016-07-20_12-32-15
At my dad's I quilted the Good Night Irene quilt.  I still need to get the binding on it... maybe tonight. I'd really like to count the finish in my totals for the month.
Quilted Goodnight Irene today at Dad and Ann's.
One night I finished 5 of these sweetpea pods. They are leftovers from bendy bags I made last year.
Five sweet pea pods finished tonight. Assembly line sewing. Only 15 or so more to go.
On Tuesday night while we were at Hart Ranch, we went and sewed with the Quilts of Valor quilters. I was able to cut out and get about 1/3 of the blocks made. It felt good to do this charity quilting.
Tonight Jane and I sewed with the Hart Ranch Quilts of Valor ladies.  A fun group and the kids were so good.
We had so much fun during our week at Hart Ranch. We did play mini-golf and swim a lot as well as drive around in the golf cart with my aunt. A very relaxing week of vacation!
Mini golfing with a Jackrabbit! Once a Jackrabbit, always a Jackrabbit.#sdsu #sdstate

4 comments:

Deb Chimes said...

Congratulations on achieving your July goal. You have certainly sewed a lot this month!

PaulaB quilts said...

Whatever your OMG goal was, you must have overachieved it by ten times, and that included vacation. Congrats on all that fine work and good luck with the Irene quilt. BTW, my post is acting weird, just hit the Home button and it will show up.

Heidi said...

Goodnight Irene looks rich with texture! Such a beautiful quilt, I love that pattern!

Deb A said...

Sounds like a wonderful month of sewing.The kids are getting so big!