Monday, April 04, 2016

Stash Report March 2016


This month was kind of crazy in my sewing room. While March was a good month for finishes, it was also a month where I bought quite a bit! In my defense I bought backing/borders/binding for my SDSU Trip Around the World quilt at 50% off, so I just bought the rest of the bolt ... 11 yards. I also picked up a pretty pink/grey hexie fabric I had been eyeing on clearance for 60% off, 3 yards of that. Mikaela and I picked up a bunch of fat quarters at the Wall Quilt Guild Show. Mine were yellow/blues for my TATW and hers were pretty orange/teal/yellow/pinks with a flower print. I also picked up a purple and pink batik to make a bag. I cut three bags out for us, but didn't get them made because I was working on my scrappy TATW blocks.
TATW
I hope to have the top done before our preview party on Saturday. This weekend I worked on a minkee/jellyroll quilt. It's turning out awesome and should be my first finish of April.
My finishes included both mom and grandma's friendship quilts, a Loralie quilt, and Mikaela's Doc jacket and scrub pants.
Saturday we went to SDSM&T for their Dinosaur Extravaganza and the kids loved it! It was a beautiful day, so we walked around campus. My MIL works there now YAH!!, so she showed us around. The kids wanted their pictures taken. If they don't become Jackrabbits, Hardrockers would be a good school mascot for them to have as well!
If they aren't future Jackrabbits, they could be future Hardrockers.

Fabric bought this month: 25 yards
Fabric bought this year: 39.5 yards
Fabric used this month: 35 yards
Fabric used this year: 122 yards
Net Fabric used this year: 82.5 yards!

No comments: