Friday, April 11, 2014

Finish it Up Friday

This week went by so quickly! After a great day of quilting on Sunday, I had lots of binding to do this week. However, it was a very long week at work trying to meet the IPEDS deadline, working my third job every night, and teaching on Wed. night. I just didn't get much sewing done. Thursday marked the 100th day of sewing in a row this year! I've made a little time for sewing everyday and it just makes my life so much easier. Sometimes its at break or lunch at work, sitting and waiting at a Drs. office, doing hexie's while the kids sleep in the car, quilting at my dad's, or sewing at home in the evening. I can't wait to see what the next 100 days bring.

 I finished one more block of the Scrappy Batik Trip Around the World.
Untitled
I put the last two blocks together last night and they look great. I put them in my box and I now have 10 of the 30 I think it is I am making. I need to do a bunch of strip sets so I have them to work on at lunch next week.

This week I finished Mikaela's BQ4 quilt. I squared it up and put the binding on it.

I cut the binding on the bias, but instead of doing my tried and true way, I tried another way. It didn't work out so well. I ended up with a lot cut in each direction, but not enough of either. Luckily I had a lot of the fabric left, so I just cut a few more strips. I ended up doing a wider binding and machine stitching it down since it's for a kid and binding by hand on minkee is just too much work.

This is the minkee back. It is a bit darker than the pink on the front, but it goes together well.

I tried to get pictures of the kids last night for National Sibling Day, but they weren't real interested in pictures. I did get a cute one of Mathew.
6bc0b803-14f8-418c-bd42-bb3b79b2ce55
A blurry one of the kids. They are just too squirmy. Hopefully tonight I'll have better luck as we're going out to celebrate grandma's birthday.
Untitled

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday.

No comments: