Wednesday, June 06, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Week 23 - 6.6.12

This has been one of the most productive weeks in the last two months for me! I've gotten a lot accomplished and feel great about where I'm headed. Saturday I quilted two quilts for my friend Emilee. They both turned out great and I really enjoyed quilting them. I absolutely love the carpenter star. The colors are fabulous and the piecing amazing. It's 34" square.
Quilt 2012-06-02 004
This one is her Happy Hour. It was 83"x100"
Quilt 2012-06-02 012

On Sunday I spent quite a bit of time putting wall hanging sleeves and binding on 5 small wall hanging/table toppers. I've had these quilted for a month or more, even had the binding cut and they were squared up, I just had to sew it on. I'm so glad to have some hand work to do again, but now it's so nice I hardly spend any breaks inside sewing.

Quilt 2012-06-03 006
I made this one to be a little table topper.
Quilt 2012-06-03 007

This one is probably my favorite. I used it to try a bunch of different quilting patterns on. It's a bit small for doing so much, but it was fun playing with the designs from the Pajama Quilter.

Quilt 2012-06-03 001
I did get a sample to make for Club Sew on Friday night. I worked on it both Mon. and Tues. night. It's a little mesh bag from the Zip It pattern. It was really quite easy, but had to pick up bias binding to finish it.
Quilt 2012-06-05 004
When I stopped at the shop on Tues. night, Tammy had a few more samples for me to make, so last night after Mikaela went to bed, I cut out this little Baguette. It's from Atkinson Designs and the front is vinyl. It turned out so cute and I can't wait to make another one with the mesh.
Quilt 2012-06-05 006
On Sunday I also made these three little stuffed dolls for Mikaela. They were from  a panel my mom had cut out. I just had to sew them together and stuff. They were easy and she loves playing with them. I also finished a bag for my MIL and fixed Paul's jeans, so I had a very productive week!
Quilt 2012-06-05 001

Finished this week:
Emilee's two quilts
3 stuffed dolls
Mom's Jim Shore Angel Quilt
2 Yard Bag for Leslie
Zip It bag
Baguette
Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them) 
Swoon - 2 Blocks done
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts -Handwork on binding
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -Binding
Sign Language Baby Quilt
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt 
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt
Confetti Top
Friendship Block Swap Top
Twisted Heart
Merry Go Round
No progress:
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- Together, needs 3 borders

Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing
This week's stats:
Completed projects -9
New projects -1
Currently in progress -9
Finished this year - 37 , 9 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

wipwednesdaybutton

No comments: