Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Quilting Accomplishments

Looking back at 2009 I can't believe how much I accomplished compared to 2008.
A Look at the 2008 numbers:
Large Quilts: 10
Baby Quilts: 4
Purses/Bags: 25
Wall Hangings: 11
Tablerunners: 14
Clothes:8
Quilted for others: 5
Other: 10
Part of a special quilt: 3

Now a look at the same areas for 2009:
Large Quilts: 12
Baby Quilts: 12
Purses/Bags: 44
Wall Hangings: 10
Tablerunners: 3
Clothes: 7
Quilted for Others:5
Others (Pillowcases, bookcovers, burp clothes, books) : 20
Part of a special quilt: 3

The only area where I had a significant difference was in the tablerunner department. I guess that's why I asked for the new Runners book by Anka's Treasures for my birthday.
I made significantly more large and baby quilts, but the real jump was in the bag department. I absolutely love making bags and purses. I haven't made any in a while, so I'm looking forward to the one I'm going to make in Jan for a store sample.

I still haven't written my Christmas letter. I don't know if it's my friends picking on me for always being late or the lack of a picture to send, but I still haven't gotten my cards out. I'm one who believes better late than never. There were several highlights to this year for me, but the big ones include:

~Attending the St. Jude Retreat and meeting some of the most awesome blogging quilting friends, I truly feel blessed that I was able to meet everyone. It's nice to put a face with a name. I know that those friends who are ever so dear to me, will be by my side in the next year and for that I am eternally greatful. It's awesome to have so much encouragement and long distance hugs from you guys.
~ My husband got a job! The company is incredible. He enjoys it and he's got some great co-workers. I love all the stories he tells and meeting the guys. He caught a huge bass we are having mounted and shot a big buck that is also being mounted.
~Working & teaching at Quilt Corral Too with my mom and the girls. The friendship we share is awesome and I really enjoyed being around the fabric. Our Bag Ladies club was oh so much fun. We were all sorry to see it close, but a new, even better shop will open in Jan! It will be so nice to have a place to buy fabric again. I haven't bought any in a month! Working at TSC and being able to teach classes the past few months has been lots of fun for me. I love to teach!
~ Travelling to the Twin Cities in June with my family and staying with the cousins. They treated us like royalty and we had such an incredible time. Jen joining us was the icing on the cake. It was so much fun shop hopping to the quilt shops there. I'm excited for July when we travel there again for the Lego wedding.
~ My work trip to Disney World. I couldn't have asked for a more incredible time. It was simply magical and makes me truly appreciate the company I work for and the other employees who value my hard work and dedication. "It's fun to do the impossible" Walt Disney
~ Spending time with my niece and family. She's growing up and every time I see her she's doing more. She has so much spunk. Going to quilt retreats and shows with my mom. We share our love of quilting and several times we did weekend quilting getaways. It's so much fun to work on projects together.

As I look to the New Year, I'm not going to set any long term goals. I'm going to work on my UFO list, quilt what I want, when I want to, and not put any pressure on myself. There are quilts I'd like to do, but I'm going to go with the flow. I'm going to relax and take more time to enjoy life and my quilting.
Happy New Year & Welcome 2010!

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Sheesh, Woman! I thought I was doing pretty good, but you put me to shame. Look out in 2010 though....I'm on a mission! Happy New Year! Love ya!

Jen said...

Haha, I haven't gotten around to going through mine yet to see what I did.

I know you're going to MN for a family wedding and all, but I bet I could come up and see you even if it was only for a few hours. Hmmmm, I bet Vogues would be up for a quickie road trip.

Nichole said...

Wow! You were busy :). And you know we love both the quilts, wall hanging and burp rag you did for us. Have a Happy New Year!

piecesofpatti said...

Wow, what a year of accomplishments! I too am on a finish it up mission. That is my goal for 2010. I am so happy to have met you this year and be involved with my fantastic quilting friends. Bless you and yours on this New Year. Looking forward to seeing your 2010 accomplishments!

Chris said...

What a list!! I would be happy to just make half of what you did last year :) I look forward to seeing your western boots quilt in the coming month(s).